miércoles, 28 de abril de 2010

An Activity You Enjoy Doing in Your Free Time.


One of my favourite free time activities is making music. I play guitar and keyboard. I used to play in bands when I was younger but now I just make music as a hobby. I've been making music since I was about 13 or 14 years old. A friend gave me a guitar (or maybe I swapped it for something?) and I taught myself to play. A year or so later I bought a better guitar and when I was about 16 I bought a synthesizer.
I make music in my free time as often as I can. At times it's difficukt because it's a creative process and you can't really plan when you are going to be creative. Some times I start playing and I have no inspiration but other times inspiration comes quickly.
I guess I enjoy this activity because music is so tied in with our emotions. Sometimes you can express things through music that you can't express with words. Other times it's difficult to understand the emotions behind a certain piece of music but it just makes you happy or thoughtful or even sad or melancholic. I think the process of creating something new and original that expresses a feeling or feelings is a powerful thing.

So, write about an activity you enjoy doing in your free time.
Say;
What the activity is,
How often you do it,
How long you've been doing it and why you started,
Why you enjoy doing this activity.

Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teachers blog and on 3 classmates' blogs.

10 comentarios:

  1. i also making music but not very well, is a good activity for the spirit

    ResponderEliminar
  2. seems like you need the substance that the beatles use for have a inspiration. is very good who the peaplo of england have a culture of music, they probably are the cot of the music of this days. i´m not surprise about you playing guitar.
    see you simon next week.
    thanks for the book.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Simon, your favourite activity is very interesting and exciting, because the music is very important for to relax..

    I see you

    Bye bye :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think making music is really interesting and fun. Maybe you have the McArtney sense to create melodies

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi simon!

    When i was a child i playing the piano, but since long time i dont play it.

    See you :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I like music I wish I could play some instrument but I don't have skills to do that..

    =)

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi Simon!

    I always admire people who create music! Because it is a quality that I have.
    I think everyone has a gift, and through this they can express their feelings.

    :D

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Simon,
    I think that your favourite free time activity is cool. I agree with Fernando that veryone has a gift, and through this they can express their feelings and you have the music! =)
    You would can show us your music in some activity in class =P
    That is all.

    see ya the next class.

    bye.-

    ResponderEliminar
  9. music, pffff.. is for women Simon, come, we´re men!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hello teacher Simon :p!!
    Is fantastic your favourite free time activity. I think that the music is very necessary in the live and for the entertaiment. the music is cool.
    byee Simon :)

    ResponderEliminar