miércoles, 21 de abril de 2010

A Good Movie


As a follow on from the activity we did in class last week, I'd like you to write about a good movie you've seen recently. In my case, I think the best movie I've seen recently has been Precious. It's about a young, obese, un-educated, black girl growing up in inner-city slums in North America. She is abused by her mother's boyfriend and has a very difficult life. Her mother is a drug addict and she doesn’t have any faith in education. All she cares about is her next fix. Precious (the main character) doesn’t really have any friends or hobbies and she spends a lot of her time daydreaming about being famous.

This is not an easy film to watch although it does have some lighter moments. It's very well acted and filmed. I like this kind of movie because it shows that poor people suffer all over the world (it doesn't matter if it's the so called first world or the third world) and that education makes a big difference. I saw this film about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It doesn’t have a big name actor and I think it was made on a low budget. The leading actress is Gabourey Sidibe, I think this is her first film.
I recommend it but be sure to have some paper tissues close at hand because it is quite sad at times.

So, what good movie have you seen recently?

Write about a film.
Say:
When you saw it,
Who stars in it,
What it's about,

And explain why you liked it.

Write at least 200 words and leave comments on at least 3 of your classmates' blogs and a comment on your teacher's blog.

17 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I know that the thematic is very hard, but I to look for see...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Good movie...a little shocking!!! but so is the real life!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Sorry Simon I think I did not write the 200 words in my movie but I wrote more about a nice picture. ¿Do you really count the words?

    I´m going home know .. thanks for the class..
    Bye!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Simon...
    The movie looks very interesting..
    see you in a loooong time :)

    Bye !!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. why i should have post simon?
    teacher, complicate me life, jeje is a joke.
    see you

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi Simon

    I haven´t seen this movie, but seems a interesting movie.

    See you!

    Bye!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi!

    From long time I want to see that movie, tomorrow I will see!!

    see you soon

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Good movie, I hope you pass to see what I saw and like you too jajajaja

    See you next week!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I met this movie when I saw the award for the Oscar for TV
    It had good reviews, I hope to see it soon. I find it Interesting.
    See you , Simon.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hello mister Simon.
    I have not seen that movie, but I don't wanna see it =$..I saw the trailer and is so dramatic, I think is like a case of "Veredicto". but I should see it before say more. good bye! teacher

    ResponderEliminar
  13. I think that your favourite movie is so boring Simon, your taste is female!! our movies are of action, suspense, we are men Simon!!!!! jajaja. Now i understand why you like Liverpool

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Hi Simon.

    Do you will can carry to class the DCs the coursebook please?, because the past week i recorded bad!

    See you and Thank you

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Hi simon!!
    I think that this movie is very nice
    and I would like to see this movie.


    see you next class !!

    ResponderEliminar