martes, 31 de agosto de 2010

Strike !


I can't really claim to have a politcal past. When I was younger, I played a gig for the Rock Against Racism movement, demonstrated against Apartheid outside the South African Embassy in London, and went to lots of benefit concerts (especially for the Striking miners during the Thatcher years). The last demonstration I took part in was in 2003 when an estimated 1,000,000 people marched through London to protest against the invasion of Iraq (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2765041.stm).
Unfortunately, Bush & Blair didn't listen to the voice of the people who they were elected to serve.

So much for modern politics!

Write about the student demonstrations from your point of view.
Say:
Why students were demonstrating,
Whether or not you agree with the demonstrations,
Whether or not you took part in the demonstrations.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

4 comentarios:

  1. uuuf Simon... I take too long write in english!
    patience! :(

    je je je regards for you!
    ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi simon... did you see my mail e-mail??
    I hope you do!
    I have enjoyed the items you are putting in the blog, thanks for that !!

    see yoou... :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi, another comment on Simon Say's blog

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Simon,

    I hope you have a good trip. I love Spain.

    Bye

    ResponderEliminar