miércoles, 25 de agosto de 2010

An Exhibition, Concert or Sporting Event



One of the most memorable gigs (concerts) I ever went to was the first time I saw David Bowie live. It was 1978 and I was 17 years old. I'd been a Bowie fan since I was 12 so seeing him live was one of the highlights of my teenage years.
The concert was in an old farm type complex near Birmingham (UK). I went with my girlfriend (Pauline), my sister (Moe)and her boyfriend (Ollie). The concert was at 8pm but we arrived at midday and there was already a big queue of hardcore fans.
The doors opened at 4pm and we got a great place right at the front of the building. The concert was all standing which was why I wanted to arrive so early.

When Bowie came on stage the crowd when beserk. It was an amazing feeling to actually see my hero in person. The whole concert was amazing from start to finish. Most of the material came from Heroes & Low, Bowie's most recent albums, but he also played songs from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars and Station to Station.

The first 2 songs were quiet electronic songs but the 3 one was faster. At the point the place exploded with energy and I danced myself from the second row to about 8 rows back. The crowd was like a sea of bodies and you just had to flow with the current. Everything about the show was brilliant. The sound quality, the light show, the musicians and most of all Bowie's voice.

Obviously, I really enjoyed this event and even though I've seen Bowie in concert 5 or 6 times since then nothing can beat the sensation of that first concert. I think I spent the rest of the year with a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Write about an Exhibition, Concert or Sporting Event that you went to.

Say:

What, when & where it was,
Whether you enjoyed or not & why,
Why you decided to go to this event.

Mention anything else you think is important.

Write at least 250 words then leave a message on your teacher's blog and at least 3 of your classmates' blogs.

6 comentarios:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67kmFzSh_o

    I like this song!!! Bowie is great!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. jajajaa I didn't know David Bowie ... I listen your music but it don't is my stile of music :P
    anyway I'm glad that you like it.

    regards for you!
    see you the next week ;)
    bye

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Nooo! Simón, you are a lucky man. I feel envy, jajaja(I joke) The experience of one gig is incredible. There is like one collective catharsis, and to be here is the maximum...

    See you the next tuesday =)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi, the man of the picture looks like you! ajjaa
    oh yes, you're so like david B. ajajjaa

    I didn't like David Bowie, but I think he is a really good musician and I imagine that concert was increible!

    See you soon...
    goodbye

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Bowie's music is kinda weird. I think that weirdness in music contributes for good, cutting the barriers of the conventional things.

    ResponderEliminar