miércoles, 31 de marzo de 2010

Favourite Song at the Moment



OK Geo Bloggers.
Today's task is to write at least 150 words about your favourite song at the moment.
Say:
Who it is by,
What kind of music it is,
When you heard it for the first time
How often you listen to it,
And why you like it.

Once you've finished you have to comment on at least 4 of your classmates' blogs.

My favourite song at the moment is So Insane by Discovery. Discovery was formed by the Keyboard player from hip New York pop band Vampire Weekend and the singer from trendy New York pop band Ra Ra Riot.
The song is sort of 80's influenced electronic pop. I first heard this song in January because an ex-student (and friend) sent me an email telling me about all the different music he was listening to. This is one of the songs he highlighted. I listened to it and fell in love with the sound immediately.

LOVE AT FIRST LISTEN.

I listen to this song at least ten times a week. It is especially good if you listen to it on headphones at A VERY HIGH VOLUME. I copied it on to my telephone and i listen to it on the underground or when I'm in the supermarket. What I really like about this song is the way it throbs out of the speakers (headphones). The change of tempo for the chorus is very clever and not the sort of thing you usually hear in a pop song. There are some other good tracks on the Discovery cd (I also really like Can You Discover). I also took a listen to Ra Ra Riot and looked at some videos on youtube, they are worth listening to if you like intelligent pop music.

BE WARNED!! This pop is addictive

So Insane (Lyrics)
When I saw you at the discotheque
Send my vibe out to you
Then we met up on the dancefloor when
Said I'm gonna teach you,
gonna teach you, teach you

Oh baby you got me going so insane I just don't know what's going down
Oh I try to get off my knees and try to fight fight those feelings, but I can't
Ooh baby you got me going so insane and I just don't know what's going down
And I try to get off my knees and try to fight fight this feeling, but I can't

Now that you're here I know just what to do
Now that you're here I'm gonna come come to you
Now that you're, now that you're, now, now, now, now
I know just what to do
know that you're here I'm gonna come come to you
Oh baby you got me going so insane I just don't know what's going down
Oh I try to get off my knees and try to fight fight those feelings, but I can't

Ooh baby you got me going so insane and I just don't know what's going down
And I try to get off my knees and try to fight fight this feeling, but I can't
I don't even know what to do, do thatI can't help this feeling
Baby you got me goingI don't even know what to do
And I don't, and I do, even know, I can't help this feeling
And I don't even know what to do
I don't even know what to do
Ooh, I don't even know what to do

8 comentarios:

  1. Hi Simon
    thank's for your post... you're right !

    I Think the video is better than song .. jajaja

    Can you tell me how I can up load a video on my blog ? I see that you could


    See you later
    Kisses !

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Maybe you try to listen to The Art Of Noise (is a band). Its sound pretty similar but with no lyrics

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Simón XD

    I don´t know the band and the song but the video i found it very funny

    See you next week

    FRAN!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hello hello!

    Simon, do you remember than today say me "ask me the cd to green book of english"?. when i can go for the copy?
    Thank you!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Simon, I like Vampire Weekend, is a great band. But I dont know Discovery, Will listen...

    Goodbye, see you!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Agghh Simon!
    you have the fault!!

    I should be sincere.. when i heard your favourite song i said: It's horrible! but then something changed, its strange melody ended up liking me.. and I can't stop listening to it in my mind.. ahahahahah!! specially when the music is slower..

    See ya!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi Simon!

    I like it the video i think that´s pretty good.

    Bye!

    ResponderEliminar